The Convention of the States (COS) is an Article V Constitutional Convention (Con-Con) supported and funded by the elitists.
The Constitutional Convention, or Con-Con, that’s being sold to the legislators is a lie and has to be stopped. At least three White House advisers and officials, including President Obama’s regulatory czar, Cass Sunstein, have ties to an effort funded by billionaire George Soros to push for a new “progressive” U.S. Constitution by the year 2020. Don’t fall for the lies of the elitists. Say NO to a Con-Con or whatever label they call it.
U.S. Constitution Article V
Under Article V (five) of the Constitution, our founding fathers established two methods for future generations to add amendments to the Constitution.
Method 1: Two-thirds of both houses of Congress can propose an amendment, and then three-fourths of the states ratify it… or not. (This is the only safe method.)
Method 2: Two-thirds (34) of the states call for a federal constitutional convention, and then three-fourths of the states ratify whatever amendments are proposed by the convention. (This method must be avoided at all costs. This method could lead to a runaway convention in which our original Constitution would be scrapped and a new Constitution would be substituted consequently stripping us from our bill of rights.) There is a proposed Constitution already waiting for the New States of America.
We Have Been Infiltrated
Many grassroots, Tea Party, and Christian groups are being infiltrated with progressive ideas by people presenting themselves as Conservatives, Christians, or Patriots. We must all be truth seekers. Don’t accept any information without checking out both the message AND the person. That includes everything. Just because someone claims to be something, that doesn’t mean they are. Everyone and everything needs to be vetted. Sometimes the truth is hard to swallow, but it is the truth.
Say NO to a Con-Con
The Con-Con is being introduced in various forms, and they are as follows:
1) National Debt
2) Constitutional Convention (Old and Outdated)
3) Balanced Budget
4) Article V Amendment Convention
5) Compact for America
6) National Debt Reduction Act (NDRA)
7) Mark Levin’s book, The Liberty Amendments (Article V Amendment Convention)
8) Convention of States (COS)
The groups pushing for a Constitutional Convention (Con-Con) are as follows:
1) American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)
2) 10 Amendments for Freedom, Inc, chaired by William Fruth, President of POLICOM Corporation
3) Americans for Prosperity
4) Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
5) Goldwater Institute
6) Trilateral Commission (TC)
7) Tea Party Patriots (TTP), funded by Freedom Partners and Center to Protect Patient Rights
8) Career elitist politicians from both the Republican and Democratic parties
9) Mark Levin – Sponsored by Americans for Prosperity
10) Citizens for Self-Governance (CSG)- Michael P. Farris, Senior Fellow for Constitutional Studies, Head of Convention of the States (COS) Project (connected to Grover G.Norquist, a CFR member. This is the latest organization that came on line to destroy our U.S. Constitution via a Con-Con.
11) American Constitution Society (ACS). ACS is the main organization behind the Con-Con movement to ensure a more “progressive” constitution, having received more than $2,201,500 from Soros’ Open Society since 2002. The funders for ACS are the Barbra Steisand Foundation, the Sandler Foundation, and George Soros’ Open Society Foundations.
The Convention of States (COS) Project, along with many other Con-Con groups, has connections to various elitist organizations. Some of the connections are shown below. Click on all the hot links below to see the connections.
The officers of the Convention of States (COS) are as follows:
Michael P. Farris is Head of Convention of the States Project
Mark Meckler is the President of Citizens for Self Governance and was the co-founder of Tea Party Patriots but has since left that group.
Mark Wohlschlegel II is the Convention of the States Project Executive Director
Laura Fennig is the Convention of the States Project – Coalitions Director
Jordan Sillars is the Convention of the States Project – Communications Director
Michael P. Farris Connection
Michael P. Farris is Head of Convention of the States Project or better known as a Constitutional Convention (Con-Con) and President of Parentalrights.org in which Council on Foreign Relation (CFR) member Grover G. Norquist is the Director. Mr. Farris is also the advisory board member of Christian Freedom International. George Soros is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations with Grover P. Norquist.
Grover P. Norquist Connection
Grover P. Norquist is the director for Council for National Policy, Founder and President of Americans for Tax Reform, Executive Director of National Taxpayers Union, Director of American Conservative Union, President of American Society of Competitiveness, advisory board member of America’s Future Foundation, co-founder of Janus-Merritt Strategies, advisory council member of GOProud, Field Director of Citizens for America, lobbyist for Joseph E. Seagram & Sons Inc., contribution editor of American Spectator, member of Council on Foreign Relations, and political ally of Jack Abramoff.
Donald L. Nickles Connection
Donald L. Nickles (former Senator from Oklahoma) is an advisory board member of Christian Freedom International with Michael P. Farris. Donald L. Nickles is a member of Burning Tree Club along with members John A. Boehner, Antonin Scalia, Bob Schieffer, George W. Bush, Robert H. Michel, Jon T. O’Rourke, Tom C. Koroiogos, W. DeVier Pierson, Bryant Gumbel, Stanley Ebner, R. Scott Pastrick, John W. Warner, Lloyd N. Hand, and James C. Free
Burning Tree Club Connections
(shows some of the current and former members) This is a very exclusive “men’s only” club.
Donald L. Nickles is a member of the Burning Tree Club. The Burning Tree Club is a private, all-male golf club in Bethesda, Maryland. The initiation fee is $75,000 while membership fees are $500 per month.
George Soros Connection
George Soros is a member of Council on Foreign Relations along with Grover P. Norquist
Kenneth C. Griffin is a contributor to Americans for Prosperity and was also the fundraiser for the 2008 Barack Obama and the 2008 John McCain Presidential Campaigns at the same time. Mr. Griffin was also a major contributor to the Rahm Emanuel 2011 Chicago Mayoral Campaign. Mr. Griffin’s wife, Anne Dias Griffin, is the analyst for Soros Fund Management
Richard H. Fink is the Director of Americans for Prosperity, co-founder and Director of Americans for Prosperity foundations, Executive VP of Koch Industries, former co-founder & Director of Koch Industries, member of Freedom Partners which is the funder for Tea Party Patriots.
Timothy R. Phillips is the President of both Americans for Prosperity and Americans for Prosperity Foundation.
Mr. Phillips is also the co-founder of Century Strategies of which Ralph Reed Jr. is the founder and President
David H. Koch is the Chairman of Americans for Prosperity Foundation and a Donor for Americans for Prosperity.
Mr. Koch is also the EVP of Koch Industries.
Many of the organizations listed below are connected through think tanks and the State Policy Network all pushing for a Constitutional Convention (Con-Con).
American Constitution Society (ACS) Eric H Holder Jr. is a board member, Janet Reno is a Board of Advisor member, and ACS is funded by George Soros Open Society Foundations, Barbra Streisand Foundation, and Sandler Foundation).
Americans for Prosperity Funded by Koch Brothers
Cato Institute George Soros Open Society Foundations is a funder of Cato Institute and both are members of the State Policy Network.
Heritage Foundation 1 of 2
Heritage Foundation 2 of 2
Reasons against a Con-Con
1) Barry Goldwater said: “[I am] totally opposed [to a Constitutional Convention]…We may wind up with a Constitution so far different from that we have lived under for two hundred years that the Republic might not be able to continue.”
2) Chief Justice Warren Burger said: ”There is no effective way to limit or muzzle the actions of a Constitutional Convention. The convention could make its own rules and set its own agenda. Congress might try to limit the convention to one amendment or to one issue, but there is no way to assure that the convention would obey. After a convention is convened, it will be too late to stop the convention if we don’t like its agenda. The meeting in 1787 ignored the limit placed by the confederation Congress “for the sole and express purpose.”
3) With George Washington as chairman, they were able to deliberate in total secrecy, with no press coverage and no leaks. A Constitutional Convention today would be a free-for-all for special interest groups, television coverage, and press speculation.
Reason why we must NOT promote an Article V Amendment Convention:
There is no provision in Article V empowering state legislators to choose the delegates to a Constitutional Convention or to “limit” the scope of a Con-Con. There are no rules, no regulations or instructions, and once a Convention is underway, the delegates answer to NOBODY!
According to Corpus Juris Secundum 16 C.J.S. 9
The members of a Constitutional Convention are the direct representatives of the people and, as such,
they may exercise all sovereign powers that are vested in the people of the state.
The members of a Constitutional Convention are the direct representatives of the people, and as such
•(1) They may exercise all sovereign powers that are vested in the people of the state.
•(2) They derive their powers not from the legislature, but from the people.
•(3) Their power may not in any respect be limited or restrained by the legislature.
•(4) Under this view, it is a Legislative Body of the Highest Order and may not only frame, but may
also enact and promulgate.
•(1) Mississippi (1892) Sproule v. Fredericks; 11 So. 472
•(2) Iowa (1883) Koehler v. Hill; 14 N.W. 738
•(3) West Virginia (1873) Loomis v. Jackson; 6 W. Va. 613
•(4) Oklahoma (1907) Frantz v. Autry; 91 p. 193
•(5) Texas (1912) Cox v. Robison; 150 S.W. 1149
The U.S.A. is in Danger
Once 34 states pass a bill asking for an Amendment Convention in which they are requesting a Constitutional Convention, we will have the possibility of a runaway convention.
About 26 states have a current resolution calling for some sort of a Constitutional Convention.
There is no way to control a Constitutional Convention or the outcome.
Ford and Rockefeller Foundation spent $25 million and 10 years writing a constitution called “The New States Constitution”.
Dangers of a Con-Con
1) With a Constitutional Convention, the whole constitution can be thrown out and a new one substituted in its place.
2) With a Constitution Convention, it is the delegates that control the outcome.
3) You can NEVER trust the delegates with the Constitution. The outcome of a Constitutional Convention is always worse and not what you would expect.
1) The Hegelian Principle is being used against the people to push for a Constitutional Convention. The technique is as old as politics itself. The Hegelian principle brings about change in a three-step process: Thesis, Antithesis, and Synthesis.
2) The first step (Thesis) is to create a problem (Old Constitution is outdated, needs grammar changes and is hard to follow because of its many amendments)
3) The second step (Antithesis) is to generate opposition to the problem. (Government cannot operate if Constitution is not changed and it is hard to follow because of the many amendments)
4) The third step (synthesis) is to offer the solution to the problem created in step one. (New Constitution that corrects only GRAMMAR and makes for easy to follow constitution)
1) There has been only one Constitutional Convention in the history of the nation – that was in 1787. At the time, the nation was held together by the Articles of Confederation. The states were having a difficult time performing commerce among themselves. So it was decided to hold a Constitutional Convention to simply discuss how interstate commerce might be better organized. As the delegates were selected, delegations from a majority of states were given specific orders by their states to discuss nothing else beyond the commerce issue.
2) However, some delegates including James Madison had a very specific agenda planned for the convention and as soon as the delegates arrived at Independence Hall in Philadelphia, they closed and locked the door, pulled down the shades and met in secret for a month. When they were finished, they had created an entirely new nation. We were very lucky that the convention was attended by men like Ben Franklin and George Washington and Madison. They produced the most magnificent document ever devised for the governance of man.
Today, we have entrenched power forces led by the likes of Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid. And we have notoriously weak leaders like current House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell who rarely miss a good compromise to keep the peace. These are the people who will decide the rules for the convention, including delegate selection. Do you trust them to follow the rules dictated by state legislatures? Do you think Pelosi and Reid would pass up an opportunity to set their own rules to guarantee a Constitution to their liking?
Rules were changed in 1787
And there’s more. Concerning the argument that no matter what the delegates produce, the states still must ratify it – thus serving as a safeguard to foolish behavior, consider this fact: the Articles of Confederation required that any changes be ratified by 100% of the states. That was the document that was the law of the land – until something else was put into place. But, when the new Constitution was put to the states for a vote of ratification, suddenly they needed only two thirds to approve it. Why? The fact is, Article V of the new Constitution was used – even before the Constitution which contained it was approved. Now, what do you think Reid and Obama and company would do with that precedent? What if the new document produced by the Con-Con said ratification only required a vote of Congress – or of some special commission? The precedent of 1787 says that could happen. So much for protection by the states.
1) States Must Enforce, Not Revise, the Constitution!
2) Find and support candidates who understand the Constitution, obey it, and agree to work to dismantle the unconstitutional federal apparatus.
3) The states must rein in our out-of-control federal government by enforcing the Constitution through nullification of unconstitutional federal laws, rather than by revising the Constitution through an inherently risky constitutional convention process.
4) States must enforce the 10th Amendment State Nullification.
5) We must be forceful and vigilant in demanding our legislators obey their oath of office to the Constitution. The legislators cannot be allowed to rewrite the very document that is our last protection against total destruction of our God-given unalienable rights.
Say NO to an Article V Amendment Convention (Con-Con)
1) “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.” Proverbs 27:12
2) “If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.”
~Sir Winston Churchill
3) Only an Amendments or Article V Convention ITSELF CAN LEGALLY MAKE ITS OWN RULES – not an Interstate Compact, per U.S. Constitution Article V.
4) If Congress willfully ignores the authority of the U.S. Constitution now, why would we expect it to obey the Constitution when amended?
5) A NEW CONSTITUTION was already devised in 1970 by the Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions and funded by the Ford Foundation!
6) Billionaire George Soros has VOWED to replace the U.S. Constitution by year 2020 and is in a position to take advantage of a convention to do so.
7) The ratification process originally required 100% of the states to ratify amendments. Now it is set to 75%. This weakening precedent exists and holds weight in future conventions
8) Say NO to all Con-Cons!
Thanks for reading! Please remember to forward this email to everyone on your list.
Securing the blessings of Liberty,