HB1355 is once again on the agenda for 10:00 a.m. Wednesday morning, March 18, 2015, in the Arkansas Senate Public Health Committee. Secure Arkansas, Arkansas water operators, and the people of Arkansas believe this issue is too controversial to be under a state mandate; therefore, this needs to go back to local control!
Fluoride in the public water supply is an unprescribed drug that negatively affects our brains
Get ready to read. We MUST document this information, and this is another informative article for our legislators and the Arkansas Surgeon General to consider. Look at the FOUR separate sections in our email alert; they’re very important! The first section shows us how deeply the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) is involved with some of our Arkansas lawmakers and state agencies!
We want to make you aware that there are two ladies who have quite a bit of power over the “health” of Arkansans. Both Senators Cecile Bledsoe and Missy Irvin are:
members of the Arkansas Senate Public Health Committee (and Bledsoe is Chair)
members of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) Health and Human Services Task Force
To whom are these legislators accountable? Their duty is to the residents of Arkansas. Legislators are to be public servants. So, why are these two senators ignoring the will of the people on certain issues?
What happened to the oath of office that lawmakers take to protect and defend the Arkansas and U.S. Constitutions? It appears it may have been replaced by this ALEC loyalty oath that must be signed by ALEC Arkansas State Chairs Senator Eddie Joe Williams and Representative Nate Bell:
“I will act with care and loyalty and put the interests of the organization first.”
(See pages 19, 20, and 21 of this link for the ALEC loyalty oath.)
Could it be that the duty of an ALEC member is to put the interests of ALEC first, instead of the interests of voters who put them in office? ALEC is the shadow government that seems to be running our state government now, especially in our public policy regarding health. Senator Bledsoe’s son, Dr. Greg Bledsoe, was appointed by our new Arkansas Governor, Asa Hutchinson, as the new Arkansas Surgeon General. Arkansas voters should get rid of all ALEC members and replace them with legislators who put their constituents first.
This is a link to the PDF file of ALEC’s 2014 States & Nation Policy Summit which includes the wording of the “model” legislation mentioned in the bullet points below. This is the legislative agenda that Senator Bledsoe and Senator Irvin are expected to carry out in our state government.
These ALEC “model” bills were proposed at the Washington, DC conference:
“Medicaid Anti-Crowd-Out Act” (PDF, p. 8)
“Resolution in Support of Oral Health” (PDF, p. 11)
“Optional Medicaid Benefits Evaluation Act” (PDF, p. 18)
Three of the “model” bills mention “dental” and/or “oral health”. Remember, the American Dental Association (ADA) supports fluoridation, so it’s Secure Arkansas’ suggestion that we BOYCOTT dentists that support the ADA’s policy of fluoridation! (If you’d like to find a dentist who doesn’t support fluoridation, CLICK HERE. We’re proud to highlight them in our article!) For those of you that are against water fluoridation and would like to be added to our list of medical professionals, just give us a call.
Not surprisingly, in 2014, the ADA actually became a member of ALEC!
The funding for most of ALEC’s operations comes from CORPORATIONS. Our state lawmakers implement what benefits the corporations’ bottom line and vote the way the corporate lobbyists want them to vote. In return for the legislators support and vote, the ALEC Corporations dump money into the legislators’ campaign funds. This all can be verified by checking the Arkansas Secretary of State website and searching for the name of the legislator in question. It seems to us like ALEC is running Arkansas’ state government at this point in time!
Due to the increasing scientific evidence and world wide media coverage of the dangers of fluoride and its affect on the brain, thyroid, and kidneys, and its link to ADHD and lower IQ in children, Secure Arkansas is joining Mom’s Against Fluoridation in passing along the Fluoride Challenge to Arkansas Department Health, the Arkansas Surgeon General, and the legislators_who_voted_for_
SECTION 2: THE FLUORIDE CHALLENGE!
Prove it—-Prove fluoride’s safety—-Prove that fluoride was put through safety clinical trials—- Government, show the citizens the proof.
(1) Americans expect the fluoridation drugs/ chemicals have been rigorously and robustly tested before the government would ever allow them into the drinking water. Right?
(2) Americans expect that all people and every citizen would be protected from any ill effects of drinking a drug put into THE WATER that comes with no informed consent, no labeling, no odor and an individual does not know if it is in a soda, organic soup, chicken broth, coffee, beer or lemonade. Right?
(3) American citizens expect that our government health agencies have done many safety studies and large safety trials and would continue to monitor the practice of putting this drug into the public water supply without the influence of industry or politics. Right?
So here is the CHALLENGE to Health and Human Services, the FDA, to the CDC, and to the EPA.
Provide the following safety trials which we expect to have been done and have been claimed to exist. It is said that this is “safe and effective”. Please provide the data and the published clinical trials.
Americans expect safety for all American citizens. These 3 requests should be easy, if there is adequate proof that this is “safe” for every American.
(1) Provide to this organization the short and the long term (2-30+ years) published government controlled and ‘blinded’ clinical trials that were done that are rigorous, methodologically sound and published. Provide the long term safety trials on the products we drink with disassociated fluorine ions that includes sodium fluoride, hexofluorosilicic acid and sodium fluorosilcates.
These have been fully tested on all people and all sub-populations, right?
(2) Provide the government trials that show these fluoride products that people drink in any likely human quantities in the concentration found between 0.7mg/ L and 2.0 mg/ L will not harm or affect in any way a kidney patient, an athlete, any under-nourished citizen in either protein, calcium or iodine, any infant, a diabatic, any African American, an elderly person or a vulnerable fetus. This was fully tested over many years and decades on all types of people and health situations, right?
(3) Provide the safety data and the safety trials that show water that is consumed in the ranges that artificial fluoridation is added of (0.7- 2.0mg/ liter) and with the above chemicals has been fully tested and proven SAFE through long term government clinical trials on the endocrine system, calcium balance and effects, placental effects and pregnancy outcomes, tooth mottling (does not cause) and there are no brain effects and no blood- brain barrier passage alone or in the presence of aluminum.
Citizens expect these things. Americans expect safety. If the government has this information, then bring it on. If the government does not have this safety information for all Americans across the life span, then the path should be clear today.
We expect our Civil servants to be transparent. We expect that you are working for the health and safety of all the American people, and that you will provide the safety studies that you claim you have.
The following two NEW articles from the Harvard School of Public News and Newsweek include some very good information about reducing fluoridation levels, fluoride’s link to ADHD, and the neurotoxicity of fluoride. Both articles call for further studies to be conducted regarding the dangers of fluoridation.
Shown immediately below are some snippets of an online article entitled “A Call For Reducing Fluoride Levels in Drinking Water” by Marge Dwyer, Harvard School of Public Health News:
March 10, 2015 — … “Just because we did studies over the last 70 years, it doesn’t mean that we did everything that is necessary to know for sure that fluoridation is not toxic to some processes in the body or development of the brain. Those studies have actually not been done,” said Grandjean, also head of the Research Unit at the University of Southern Denmark and author of Only One Chance: How Environmental Pollution Impairs Brain Development – and How to Protect the Brains of the Next Generation.
Grandjean hopes that more studies can be done on the potential health effects of water fluoridation. “I’ve worked in this field long enough to know that with time, we have found that lead, mercury, and pesticides were more toxic than we originally thought. I am not willing to sit here and say, okay, let’s expose the next generation’s brains and just hope for the best.”
Listen to the WBUR interview: The Fluoride Debate Rages On In Some Massachusetts Cities
Read a March 10, 2015 Newsweek interview with Grandjean: Water Fluoridation Linked to Higher ADHD Rates. Some snippets from that interview:
“Limitations aside, the study suggests that there is a pressing need to do more research on the neurotoxicity of fluoride, Lanphear says. In fact, every single researcher contacted said that fluoridation should be better studied to understand its toxicity and low-dose effects on the brain. Some deemed the lack of research on the chemical concerning and surprising, given how long it’s been around—fluoride was first added to water supplies beginning after World War II.
Regarding whether or not fluoridation is a sound public health practice, he says that he “can’t make that decision for the public, but I’d certainly recommend that more studies are done, in an urgent fashion.”
Chemical Brain Drain – Grandjean’s forum for news and discussion
Last but not least, we recently sent an FOIA to the Arkansas Department of Health requesting:
1) A copy of all regulations of the Arkansas Department of Health where the Americans with Disabilities ACT was addressed concerning ACT 197 of the Fluoride Mandate.
2) A copy of all memos of the Arkansas Department of Health where they addressed the Americans with Disabilities ACT concerning ACT 197 of the Fluoride Mandate.
3) A copy of all memos and regulations of the Arkansas Department of Health where they addressed the people with disabilities that would be affected by fluoride in the public water supplies.
The FOIA response we received from Arkansas Department of Health is:
“ADH does not have any documents that respond to your requests.
Reginald A. Rogers
Deputy General Counsel”
This FOIA response from the ADH is totally unacceptable!!
Secure Arkansas demands that the Arkansas Surgeon General call for a moratorium until further scientific studies are completed, proving that fluoride is not affecting our children’s bodies and that it’s not lowering their IQ’s or causing other damage. And what about the rest of society?
Our Arkansas Surgeon General needs to take an active role in protecting us and researching the information that’s been provided to him.
We are demanding that our Arkansas residents — including our children — be protected from harm! We will not stop until there is scientific, peer-reviewed proof positive that no harm is being inflicted on the young, the old, and everyone in between.
ACTION: BEFORE 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, March 18, CALL/EMAIL/TEXT the 8 members of the Arkansas Senate Health, Welfare and Labor Committee and tell them to VOTE YEA on HB1355 for local control of fluoridation. Their contact information is listed below.
Committee of 8
PUBLIC HEALTH, WELFARE AND LABOR COMMITTEE – SENATE
Be sure to forward this email to your family and friends!
They may also sign up to receive our Action Alerts by clicking here.
Our health is important!
Securing the blessings of liberty,